Tuesday, January 08, 2008

2008.1

Sunday sucked. I went in at 1PM, and nothing was going on. Barely any customers. I worked on setting up computers and fixing things up.

This one guy came in. He wanted some computers, exactly like in the ad. And he didn't want anything to be done to them. It all sounded like an order. "May I have a number one with no lettuce? And can you make that drink a Sprite?" Once I got to the register, he basically said, "Oh, this burger is medium well. Could I have it well done instead?"

After I rung them out, they stood there for a few minutes more making sure the price was right. And it was. But his wife kept asking dumb questions.

Once they realized that they weren't going to get any money back, they walked off. I was a good 50 feet away from my department, so I took advantage by staying where I was. I leaned against the counter, and just stared at nothing. One of the computer tech guys teased and asked if I needed someone to talk to. I just smirked and kept staring.

I don't work on commission, so I really don't care how much a customer spends. I never try to sell someone more than they need. I show them some options, ask for they're opinion, and inform them of other features they could have. If I hear the word 'no,' I immediately back off. And this is what people like. I would know, because I've shopped before.

It was just odd, because that's the first time I was genuinely frustrated. I didn't want to go back to my department. I just wanted 2 minutes to clear my head. Once I had, I was fine.

I still like where I am. It's easy, and my co-workers are easy to get along with. It's a good time, each time.

No comments: